Doctors on the Frontline of Eye and Vision Care
Optometrists provide a wide range of care, including:
- Detect and diagnose eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, retinal disorders, lid disorders, and infections such as conjunctivitis.
- Prescribe medication to treat eye diseases.
- Evaluate and treat vision conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Perform minor surgical procedures such as removing foreign objects from the eye.
- Provide pre- and post-operative care, especially for glaucoma, laser, refractive, and cataract patients.
- In some instances, perform laser, refractive or glaucoma surgeries.
Advancing Eye Care
Doctors of optometry are on the forefront of advanced research into the development of new treatments for eye diseases and disorders.
- The research dollars awarded by the government through the National Eye Institute to optometrists has quadrupled in less than 10 years.
- Optometric researchers are using these funds to advance solutions in areas such as glaucoma, vision therapy and preschoolers’ access to vision care.
Park Slope Eye is located in Brooklyn, NY. For more info contact Justin Bazan, OD, the optometrist of Park Slope Eye, at Dr.Bazan@ParkSlopeEye.com or visit www.ParkSlopeEye.com Also, check us out on Yelp!, Twitter and FaceBook.